Intel & Zapak India Gaming Summit 2008
Posted on: November, 2008
After the success of India Gaming Summit 2007, Intel and Zapak came together once again to take a close look at the Gaming industry this year again with Intel & Zapak India Gaming Summit 2008. 2007 was the year where India witnessed the launch of the Gaming Revolution. With the industry projected to touch US$200 mn by 2011 how does US$20 mn in 2007-08 measure up. (According to the NASSCOM 2007 report)
The period has been decisive as it has laid the foundation for the future. With large investments being made in creating infrastructure in content, distribution & access, the industry is fast gaining momentum. Looking ahead how is the “Gaming Eco System” shaping up; the India Gaming Summit 2008 looks for answers to the opportunities & challenges it presents. IGS 2008 as in its previous edition creates a platform for heads of industry, technocrats, advertisers & the trade to meet & deliberate the path for the future.
The summit covered the following regarding the Gaming Industry:
- Gaming on the road to 2011: An overview on how the India Gaming industry plans to gear up to reach the estimated target of Us$200 mn.
- Driving the Gaming Eco System – Opportunities an Challenges: This session provides a unique opportunity to look at what drives Gaming in India.
- Infrastructure and Technology – Opportunities and Challenges: The backbone of gaming is based on technology – what do the tech guys have to say about this industry.
- Distribution and Access – Opportunities and Challenges: Distribution and access form the core of gaming. How is India taking gaming to the masses?
- Marketing and Advertising: Understanding of media structure, media potential, consumption habits, etc. Case studies on successful brand partnerships, insights & learning.
The Gaming Summit will have leading industry stalwarts coming from the varied fields namely; gaming, media, advertising fraternity addressing important dynamics of the industry. There will be panel discussions addressing different topics which will involve industry players from diverse fraternities.
Some of the speakers present for the summit
Mr. Amit Khanna, Chairman, Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd.
Mr. Rohit Sharma, Chief Operating Officer, Zapak Digital Entertainment Ltd.
Mr. Prakash Bagri, Director Marketing, Intel (South Asia)
Mr. Quentin Poulet, Chief Executive Officer, Kreeda
Mr. Madan Sanglikar, Partner, Inventions - Mindshare
Mr. Sourabh Kanwar, Vice President, Content and Communication, Channel [V]
IGS 2008 this year was held against the backdrop of the India Gaming Expo 2008
creating a public showcase for the Gaming Industry in India.